Debi G. Berger, DDS — Orthodontist, Retired
Providing patients with a good comfortable bite, a great smile, and a great general appearance goes a long way toward building self-esteem, and that can have a major influence on attitudes and achievement levels. It’s also a great transition into a lifelong commitment to dental health. I feel very fortunate to be an orthodontist. I learn something new every day when I treat patients, and they all have enriched my life greatly.
I work closely with the other doctors at Commerce Park Children’s Dentistry & Orthodontics, to monitor my patients’ cases and achieve a holistic, comprehensive treatment strategy. I believe that proper orthodontic treatment can have a powerful effect on peoples’ lives.
Education and Continuing Education
- SUNY at Stony Brook – liberal arts degree
- Northwestern University School of Dentistry – Doctorate of Dental Surgery
- Boston University – certificate of advanced graduate study in orthodontics
- American Dental Association
- American Association of Orthodontists
- Connecticut State Dental Association
- Bridgeport Dental Association
- New England Society of Orthodontists
Outside the Office
I grew up in New York and went to school in Chicago and Boston before settling in Connecticut, where I have lived since 1992. I’m married to a foodie who owns a culinary school and I have three kids in college. Our French bulldog Tally can be found in all our family photos.
In my free time I am an avid knitter, reader, and kayaker. I’ve always lived by the water and it is my favorite place to be.