Answers From Our Bridgeport, Shelton & Westport, CT Orthodontists
Thank you for choosing us as your preferred Shelton, Westport and Bridgeport orthodontic practice. Our orthodontists believe that every patient deserves a perfect smile, and that it should be one of his or her best assets. Whether you are a parent of a young patient or an adult looking to improve your smile, Commerce Park Children’s Dentistry & Orthodontics will use the treatment option that best fits your unique orthodontic needs and goals. One of our popular orthodontic treatments is Invisalign®, which we offer for teens and adults.
If you are looking to straighten your teeth but want to avoid the look and feel of brackets and wires, Invisalign may be right for you. Using a series of clear aligners, Invisalign is a discreet way to get the smile you’ve always dreamed of. We understand that you may have a number of questions regarding this form of treatment, which is why we have provided a list of frequently asked questions about Invisalign below:
Will Invisalign fit my lifestyle?
- Time for a snack? No problem. Take out your aligners to eat or drink whenever you want.
- You can remove your Invisalign aligners, so you can brush and floss regularly, and keep your teeth and gums healthy.
- You can occasionally remove your Invisalign aligners and enjoy a special night out.
- There's no need to change a thing. Continue your day-to-day activities while still straightening your teeth.
- Be yourself with Invisalign aligners. Since they are clear, you don't have to hide your smile while going through treatment.
- With Invisalign treatment, it's easy to make your smile picture perfect for that special occasion.
- Invisalign appointments work with your schedule. Most visits are in and out, with a quick progress check once every six weeks.
What is Invisalign?
The Invisalign system is the virtually invisible way to straighten your teeth and achieve the smile you've always wanted. Invisalign uses advanced 3D computer imaging technology to depict your complete treatment plan, from the initial position of your teeth to the final desired position. Then, a series of clear aligners are custom-made for your teeth — and your teeth only — to move them little by little. Each aligner is worn for about two weeks before being replaced by the next in the series until the final position of your teeth is achieved. Your Invisalign treatment time will be determined by your doctor based on your specific needs.
What are the primary benefits of Invisalign?
Invisalign aligners are clear, making Invisalign a seamless fit with your lifestyle and day-to-day interactions with others. Invisalign aligners are also removable. Unlike braces, you have the flexibility to eat and drink what you want during treatment simply by removing the aligners when you eat. You can also remove the aligners to brush and floss as you normally would for fresh breath and good oral hygiene. Unlike traditional metal braces, Invisalign treatment does not use metal brackets or wires that could cause irritation to your mouth. In addition, you'll spend less time in the doctor's chair and scheduling appointments, and more time out doing the things you love. Lastly, Invisalign’s technology allows you to view your virtual results and treatment plan before you start your treatment, so that you can preview how your straight teeth will look once your treatment is complete.
How many patients are in Invisalign treatment?
More than 3,000,000 patients worldwide have been treated with Invisalign. The number of Invisalign smiles grows daily. At your next appointment, we can help answer any questions you might have, and get you started on the smile you've always wanted.