Paula Cerqueira, DMD — Pediatric Dentist
My wish is to make every patient encounter a positive experience. I believe wholeheartedly that prevention, nutrition, and overall general health are intrinsic to my patients achieving a lifetime of great dental health.
It is a joy for me to be a part of my patients’ healthy smiles. I love being able to interact with infants, toddlers, preschoolers, and all the school-aged children: helping and encouraging them to be great dental patients for life!
Education and Continuing Education
- New York University – BA, anthropology
- Tufts University, School of Dental Medicine – Doctorate of Dental Medicine
- University of Connecticut, School of Dental Medicine – advanced education in general dentistry
- University of Connecticut, School of Dental Medicine – pediatric dentistry certificate
- Board certified, pediatric dentistry
Dentistry is always evolving. Many new products enter the market constantly. Continuing education can provide insight to new techniques, advances in the different fields of pediatric dentistry, and first-hand experience of new products and materials. My goal is to provide the most efficient, reliable, long-lasting treatment to my patients while maintaining function and aesthetics.
- American Dental Association
- American Academy of Pediatric Dentistry
- Connecticut Society of Pediatric Dentists
- Massachusetts Dental Society / Calistti Scholarship
Outside the Office
I am originally from Lisbon, Portugal, and moved to Long Island when I was ten. I am fluent in Portuguese and Spanish as well as English.
I am married to Richard, who is also a dentist, and we live in New Haven County. We have been blessed with three beautiful boys: Jonah, Liam, and Evan. Richard brought two beautiful children into our marriage named Carina and Nathaniel. We also have two dogs, Max and Zoey, and Linny the guinea pig.
My family is my number-one passion. But I have a very special place in my heart for animals, both domestic and wild. I love the beach and the summer, and my family lives by the saying, “It’s always a beach day.” There is always something new for the kids to discover and enjoy at the beach.