Lawrence Dinkes, DDS — Pediatric Dentist
When I founded Commerce Park Children’s Dentistry & Orthodontics, it was to treat patients the way I always wanted to be treated but never was. What most people don’t know about me is that I am a dental-phobe. Hard to believe? Yes, I know what it is to dislike going to the dentist, and it has been my life’s work to create a dental care environment for people who feel as I do!
I consider dentistry to be a vehicle to be of service to my community. I am honored that my patients allow me to be part of their lives.
It is my mission to create a dental practice entirely different from those I experienced while growing up: to “treat people right,” with sensitivity and respect for their concerns and fears, and the ongoing use of the most cutting-edge technologies and methods to achieve lifelong dental health.
Education and Continuing Education
- SUNY at Binghamton – BA, organic chemistry
- New York University College of Dentistry – Doctorate of Dental Surgery
- Board certified, pediatric dentistry
- Montefiore Medical Center – general practice residency
- Montefiore Medical Center – pediatric dentistry certificate
- Fairleigh Dickinson School of Dentistry – assistant professor of pediatric dentistry
- Terence Cardinal Cooke Health Care Center, New York City – director of dentistry
- Bridgeport Hospital staff
- Bridgeport Surgical Center staff
- American Academy of Pediatric Dentistry, membership committee
- American Dental Association
- American Society of Dentistry for Children Foundation
- Connecticut Society of Pediatric Dentists, vice president
- Connecticut State Dental Association
- Bridgeport Dental Association
- Alpha Omega
- American Association of Hospital Dentists, fellowship awarded
- Board certification, pediatric dentistry
Outside the Office
I live in Trumbull with my wife, Ellen. We have two daughters and three grandchildren. An avid cyclist, I also enjoy skiing, hiking, kayaking, and playing golf. I love being outdoors. If I could practice outdoors, that would be wonderful!